• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

minimizing scarring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crankinit

Bluelighter
I have a rather large scab on my jaw which is healing up, is there anything I can use to minimize scarring? I normally wouldn't care but it's in a rather prominant location on my face so I'd like to prevent as much scarring as possible.

well. for my track marks. I bought mederma cream from walgreens 25$- AVOBENZOME3% OCTOCRYLENE 10% AND OXYBENZONE 6%. I bought tamanu only100% from hawaiiwwww.newchapter.com. "scar and burn" simplers essential oil blend.foraha and rose hip seed oil, calendula infused olive oil ess oil of helichrysum mugwort and sage and lavendar. vitamin e and A. and aloe. zinc- no sunburning. good luck

I know of one thing which is vitamin A-not E.
There is a very old cream made full of fish oil, but I can't remember the name of it, and I don't know if it can be found everywhere in the world so in that sense, even if I remembered its name you might not have it where you are. it is very greazy and smells awfull-fish! but it is darn good when it comes to prevent scarring and in healing pretty quick! Works 100%!
Now as I am writing this, It came back to me, it is called Ungvita!
The grandmothers used to use it because it was so good for healing, and it is still around, because it is good and works1 Not many people know it and others can't handle the smell and you only need a little any way, so the greaziness should not be a problem.
They also make one that does not smell atall for babies rashes in a tube, but that one is not very successfull, the fishy stinking one is excellent!!

Someone in the "home remedies" thread mentioned Calundula Oil but I've never tried it myself

My physical therapist told me that simply rubbing on the area can decrease the scarring. So, when you are watching tv or whatever, just gently massage the area.

There is also an OTC product that is fairly new that is supposed to help. Check with a pharmacist.

I learned this trick from an Indian woman, and it works on small scars (insect bites, zits, etc.). I'm not sure the extent of your wound but you can try it just to see. Slice a piece of garlic and rub it on the scab/scar every night. Don't leave it on, as it may burn. Usually dark spots will go away after a week.

My skin scars really easily as is, not to mention I used to cut.
Now that I stopped that, i have been trying to make my scars disappear. The best thing I have found is vitamin E oil. Just rubbing some over my scars before bed helped a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.